- Patients with commercial insurance will usually require pre-certification/authorization prior to any outpatient wound care or hyperbaric treatment. However, we generally accept all insurance plans.
- Medicare does not require pre-certification, however the Wound Care physician needs to verify the diagnosis prior to hyperbaric treatment so a wound care visit is necessary.
- Patients who are currently receiving home health can also receive outpatient wound care and hyperbaric treatment
- Patients who are utilizing SNF days rarely will receive hyperbaric treatment due to the fact that hyperbaric treatments are billed through Medicare Part A
- Patients who are residents of nursing homes can also receive outpatient wound care and hyperbaric treatment.